Tuesday 9 July 2013

Fourth of July

Dougs first Fourth of July was a total success!!! Sorry to only be posting now, we were just so busy all weekend. My dear husband doesnt like to say no to people so we did a lot during our few days off. Lucky for me I get Mondays off so I was able to recuperate from the late nights and long days. I know I say this a lot, but Miami is crazy....it is just one party after another, bar hop after bar hop after dinner after night club after event....I could go on!  

Fourth of July was spent at my best guy friends house. Danny and his sister hosted an all day pool party, with a fully stocked bar, a keg, and lots and lots of munching food. Oh and all the drinking games you can play.

So first of all, lets congratulate America on her birthday!!!!! 

John Adams wrote to his wife Abigail the day before the Declaration was finally revised by Congress,

"The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.[6]"

And we all did as John predicted =)


As John so wished, games were played...





Our host Danny, me, Britty, Bado, and Jimmy




They made delicious jello shots that I kept feeding Doug.





The precious Claudski

Zander and I getting lots of sun.

Queen of Dragons, Kalisi



This has to be my favorite picture of the day. Doug has officially become an all American guy heehehe



 As people began to leave, we were left with a small group in the pool. Karly decided to be the DJ and everyone just went for it with the dancing a singing along. Tunes from back in the day bringing old memories to mind. We honestly looked and acted like crazies. But who cares, it was a great way to end the day. My friends are shameless.

Danny lives right by the Biltmore hotel that puts on a big fireworks show every year. So I gathered the troops and headed that way. It was packed. I really dislike packed events unless its a concert....but I suck it up for a bit and we enjoyed a good but of the  show. Once I threw in the towel we headed off with fireworks booming behind us. As it always perfectly does in Miami, it began to rain...causing an almost stampede type of rush from people. Traffic was going to be a nightmare if we didnt get to the car fast enough. So Karly and I made the boys run!! 



 We Solemnized with illuminations



We had a very safe day, I was designated driver and got my troops home in one piece. It is a great feeling when you can have such an enjoyable day without the worry of how you are getting home =) 

Don't drink and drive kiddos!!!
































No comments:

Post a Comment